|20-10-08, 04:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Park City, Utah - Top 10 Things to Do
Park City, Utah - Top 10 Things to Do
Park City, a historic mining town turned quaint mountain resort, is a year-round destination, offering something for everyone - from the outdoor enthusiast to the art aficionado. 3,300 acres of pristine ski trails, beautiful landscape and wilderness are located a convenient 36 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport, allowing its visitors to experience all that is offered in and around magical Park City without having to journey too far to do so.
Surrounded by the natural beauty of the Wasatch Mountains, Park City, Utah provides the idyllic alpine getaway. With its seemingly endless supply of cozy lodging choices, fine dining establishments and sophisticated boutiques, Park City promises a romantic escape from the everyday. Whatever the season, summer through winter, the lengthy list of activities is bound to keep everyone happily entertained. Consistently rated in the Top Ten Family Resorts in North America, Park City is certain to keep people of all ages coming back again and again.
1. Ski and Snowboard - Making the Top Five Ski Resorts list by the readers of SKI magazine for the second year, Park City Resort offers champagne powder and challenging runs, making it a world-class contender for its alpine activities. Soaring passed the snow-dusted trees, a beautiful blur of frosty green, take the vertical descent that stretches upward of 3,100 feet.
2. Sundance Film Festival - Each January the Sundance Film Festival attracts more than 50,000 people to its screening theatres. In addition to the more than 200 films made available for viewing, visitors are also able to enjoy live music and discussion panels held throughout the duration of the festival.
3. Nightlife - With an extensive list of restaurants and pubs to choose from, visitors are sure to find something that suits their tastes. From fine dining to casual fare and from lounges to wine bars, Park City offers it all - and does so with style.
4. Mountain Biking - Escape to the backwoods, to the hilly terrain of Park City to enjoy the sport of mountain biking. Utilize one of the lifts to get a head start on discovering all that nature has to offer. With trails ranging from tame to extreme, this sport can accommodate all skill levels.
5. Historic Main Street - Fall in love with the romanticism of Historic Main Street. Featuring an Old West styling, this quaint area of Park City provides its visitors with everything from art galleries to designer boutiques.
6. Golf - Enjoy Park City Resort as a year-round destination with a friendly round of golf. From the 18 professionally designed holes of Park City Golf Club to the many private courses available in the area, visitors are sure to find a course appropriate suitable for their needs.
7. Utah Olympic Park - Experience the majesty of the 2002 winter Olympics with a self-guided tour through Utah Olympic Park or witness athletes as they train and compete in national and international competitions. For the more extreme visitor, ride The Comet - a 70mph bobsled!
8. Hiking - Lace up your boots and head outdoors to the more than 150 public hiking trails surrounding Park City. From a leisurely walk to a grueling, pulse-racing trek, the choices are endless.
9. Artstravaganza - Held in August, this Park City festival offers everything from outdoor symphony concerts to film screenings of the Sundance Institute. Bringing music and imagery to life, Artstravaganza is a month-long dedication to the visual and performing arts.
10. Alpine Rides - From the exhilaration of a fast-paced snowmobile to the classic romance of a horse-drawn sleigh, Park City creates a winter wonderland with its impressive list of alpine rides. Whether seeking a thrilling adventure or a something a bit more subdued, Park City is certain to have it available for its guests to enjoy.